Thank you for your interest in employment opportunity with Conservation Sudbury.
Source Protection and Stewardship Coordinator
12 month contract with possibility of extension (30 hours per week)
Conservation Sudbury is one of Ontario's 36 watershed-based stewardship agencies.
We are currently looking for a resourceful, motivated and enthusiastic candidate to coordinate the Source Protection and Stewardship Programs at Conservation Sudbury. The successful candidate should have a broad environmental knowledge and the ability to manage concurrent programs, be comfortable communicating with stakeholders, and be able to work with competing timelines.
Main Source Protection Program duties:
- Coordinate the review of the Source Protection Assessment Report and Source Protection Plan
- Review and organize Source Protection data sets
- Support and monitor the implementation of the Source Protection Plan
- Coordinate the activities of the Source Protection Committee
Main Stewardship Program duties:
- Screen 50 Million Trees Program applicants for potential planting properties
- Contact landowners and conduct site visits with forester
- Purchase resources and coordinate delivery and planting logistics
- Plan and execute community planting events
- Explore opportunities for expanding stewardship program scope
Other duties as assigned
- Graduation from a post-secondary program in environmental sciences, water resources, forestry, resource management, planning, or related fields
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Experience working with stakeholders
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Valid Ontario’s G driver’s license with a clean driving record
The primary work location is the Conservation Sudbury office, 401-199 Larch St., Sudbury. Some fieldwork in inclement weather over difficult terrain may be required; some manual labour and lifting may be included from time-to-time. This position is generally 4 days per week with some flexibility.
COMPENSATION: $24.92 – 29.51/hr plus three weeks’ vacation. There are no group benefits such as health/dental, pension or insurance associated with this position.
TO APPLY: Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter clearly demonstrating how the eligibility requirements have been met. Contact information for three professional references should be included.
Applications must be submitted by e-mail only to Melanie.Venne@ConservationSudbury.ca by 4pm on Monday, July 31, 2017. Please include Source Protection and Stewardship Coordinator in the subject line of the e-mail.
All applicants will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of an application. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or faxes please.