Planning & Regulations

The NDCA provides land use and resource management planning input and review, monitoring development associated with related legislation.  Applications to do work in water within the NDCA watershed, are to be submitted to the NDCA who will then deal with MNR as required.

To report a spill, contact the Ontario Ministry of the Environment's Spills Action Centre, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 1-800-268-6060, or go to their website for Emergency Spills Action Centre

illegal dumpingWhy?

  • Reduces the risk to life and property from natural hazards such as flooding and unstable slopes.
  • Complement flood control operations and flood warning.
  • Proactive vs. reactive approach to resource management; promotes wise use of water and land resources for future generations; ensures wise use of scarce dollars.
  • Keep the public informed about the importance of and dangers related to natural heritage resources throughout the watershed.

Who benefits?

  • The general public.
  • Advocacy groups, ratepayers.
  • Landowners and developers.
  • Municipal government agencies (i.e. Planning, Building Controls, Committee of Adjustment, Engineering, etc.)
  • Lawyers and real estate agents.
  • Other senior level government agencies
    (MNR, MOE, DFO).

A variety of applications, forms and documents are made available here for your convenience. Please use our Contact Form


Changes to the Federal Fisheries Act

As of November 25, 2013, amendments to the Fisheries Act, the applications for Authorization and Information Requirements Regulations came into force.

The implementation of the amended Act brings about many changes in the way the Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO) conducts business.

For more information contact the Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada, or the Nickel District Conservation Authority.

Click Here to view the PDF regarding these changes.