Merci pour votre intérêt dans les possibilités d'emploi avec Conservation Sudbury.
Program Manager, Source Protection
1 year contract with possibility of extension (30 hours per week)
Conservation Sudbury is a watershed-based stewardship agency. One of our roles is to manage the Drinking Water Source Protection Program that works to prevent the contamination of our municipal drinking water sources. In the Greater Sudbury area, this includes Ramsey Lake, the Vermilion River, the Wanapitei River and 24 municipal wells.
We are currently seeking a resourceful, motivated and dedicated person with the ability to work independently to achieve the program objectives. The successful candidate will have broad environmental knowledge, program management experience, and be comfortable communicating with stakeholders and the general public.
Maintain the Source Protection Program
- Complete annual work plans, budgets and progress reports
- Communicate the Source Protection Program to the general public, media, and affected stakeholder groups
- Participate in provincial working groups on Source Protection issues
Support and coordinate the activities of the Source Protection Committee
- Facilitate 2-3 Committee meetings per year
- Provide updates to the Committee as necessary
Support and monitor the implementation of the Source Protection Plan
- Analyze and interpret policy implementation summaries
- Coordinate annual progress reporting from various stakeholders
Complete the review of the Source Protection Assessment Report and Source Protection Plan
- Review existing documents and update background information as required
- Consult with stakeholders to prepare a work plan for updating the documents
Responsible for information retention, sharing and reporting
- Responsible for annual progress reporting to the general public and the Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change
Other duties as assigned
- Graduation from a post-secondary program in environmental sciences, water resources, forestry, resource management, planning, or related fields
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Project management skills, including financial planning/tracking and report writing
- Experience working with stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of the Clean Water Act and the foundations of Source Protection
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- Experience working with external government agencies
- GIS and Information Management experience
The primary work location is the Conservation Sudbury office, 401-199 Larch St., Sudbury. This position is envisioned as a four day work week but is flexible. Occasional out-of-town travel will be required.
COMPENSATION: $36.30 – 38.33/hr plus vacation accruing at 6% (~3 weeks). There are no pension, group insurance or health and dental benefits with this position.
TO APPLY: Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter clearly demonstrating how the eligibility requirements have been met. Contact information for three professional references must be included.
Proof of graduation from post-secondary institution(s) may be requested.
Applications must be submitted by e-mail only to Melanie.Venne@ConservationSudbury.ca by 4pm on Monday, March 5, 2018. Please include Source Protection Project Manager in the subject line of the email.
All applicants will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of an application. Conservation Sudbury is an inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from people with disabilities; accommodations are available upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or faxes please.