LAKE LAURENTIAN CONSERVATION AREA
Environmental Education Technician Position (Summer Student Positions)
The Environmental Education Technician will present Outdoor Environmental Education programming to students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12, and be Camp Counsellor for our summer day camp (Camp Bitobig). For more information about our educational programs and Camp Bitobig, please visit our website: www.conservationsudbury.ca
Bilingualism (French – English) strongly preferred.
Candidates must be returning to school in September and be between the ages of 15-29.
Background in the areas of Education, Biology, Forestry, Fish and Wildlife, Environmental Programs, or Outdoor Leadership preferred.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sectors Screening.
1. The Environmental Education Technician will be seasonally employed by Conservation Sudbury. The primary work site will be the Lake Laurentian Conservation Area on South Bay Road, Sudbury.
2. The maximum work period will be eighteen (18) weeks. The maximum work period will be from April 29, 2019 to August 30, 2019, inclusive.
3. The Environmental Education Technician will be paid $14.10 per hour with Statutory Benefits only. Four percent (4%) Vacation Pay will also be provided in each pay. No other employment benefits are provided. Full WSIB coverage is provided.
4. The normal work week will be 35 hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. Compensation for approved overtime accumulated will be through time-in-lieu and not cash payment.
5. Staff in this position report to the Environmental Education Program Manager who will assign work and provide direction and supervision.
To apply for this position please send your resume and a covering letter to Daniela Stuewer at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday March 29, 2019.
CLICK HERE for the PDF of the posting.