Paddling Rentals - Summer 2022
Padding Rentals are closed for the pilot season of 2022. A big thank you for to our partners - the City of Greater Sudbury, Sudbury Tourism, and the Greater Sudbury Development Corporation. We hope to see you out on the water in 2023.
Rentals are available throughout the months of July and August on Saturdays and Sundays from 9 AM to 8 PM (last rental at 6pm). Rentals are first-come first served.
We have the following available to rent:
- 8-foot Kayaks (8)
- Solo Sit-on Kayak (2)
- 15-foot Canoes (4)
- Two-person Kayak (1)
Rates (2 hour minimum, HST included)
- Solo Kayak $12/hour or $40/day
- Canoe or Double Kayak $15/hour or $50/day
Contact us @ email@example.com or 705-561-9630
All rentals include PFD, paddles, map of Lake Laurentian and a Safety Kit. Paddling a canoe or kayak is not without risk; each paddler is required to sign a waiver. Parents or Guardians must sign for anyone under the age of 18. Your paddling will not commence before 15 minutes have passed since you were provided the waiver to review, ask questions and sign.
Rentals happen right on the shoreline of Lake Laurentian adjacent to the Nature Chalet parking lot. The address is 2309 South Bay Road, Sudbury (what3words /// sparkle.playoffs.rainbows). You can download our free Lake Laurentian map on the Avenza app and it will follow you around the lake.
You may pay for your rental using eTransfer AUTODeposit, available from most participating banking institutions. Alternately we will have Square available for Credit Cards. Please do not send payment before arriving. Staff on site have no ability to issue refunds; this may happen next business day and are subject to a $25 processing fee. Rentals may be suspended without notice due to inclement weather.
Some more details
- You may email/call/text before coming out to the lake to make sure there are craft available to rent (705-561-9630, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rental equipment is for use only on Lake Laurentian and Perch Lake and must not be removed from the property.
- You may bring your own PFD as long as it is certified DOT or CCG. You may bring your own canoe / kayak / SUP to paddle along with someone who is renting.
- Boats with motors (of any kind) are not allowed, nor are personal water craft.
- Swimming is not permitted.
- All pets must remain on leash at all times – no exceptions.